Directorate of Distance Education
Professor/Director, Directorate of Distance Education
Email : email@example.com
Telephone No(s) : 040-23008402/03/04
Fax No(s) : 040-23008463
Maulana Azad National Urdu University,
City : Hyderabad
State : Telangana
Pin Code : 500032
About Directorate of Distance Education
The University has initiated its distance mode programmes from its year of inception. The DDE has set up 9 Regional Centres (Delhi, Patna, Bangalore, Bhopal, Darbhanga, Srinagar, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ranchi) and 6 Sub-Regional Centres (Hyderabad, Jammu, Amravati, Lucknow, Nuh and Varanasi) across the country so as to provide academic and administrative support to the students. The RCs/SRCs facilitate the students with support services; management of Study Centres and admission process. At present there are 143 Learner Support Centres and 20 Programme Centers within the purview of these RCs/SRCs. The DDE facilitates online admission through SAMARTH ERP.
It provides links of audio-visual material to the students and also Printed Self Learning Material. The University has established Instructional Media Centre for the preparation of audio-visual educational programmes. A large number of audio-visual educational programmes have been prepared by the Media Centre. These programmes can be viewed on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/imcmanuu).
DDE offers 6 PG programmes (M.A. in Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, English, History and Islamic Studies), 4 UG programmes (B. A., B. Com., B.Sc. & B. Ed.); 2 Diploma Programmes (Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication and Diploma in Teach English); and 2 Certificate programmes (Proficiency in Urdu through English and Functional English).
The Graduation, Post Graduation and Diploma Certificates awarded by the University are at par with the certificates of recognized Universities. Day-by-day the strength of the students is growing. Thus, the DDE is striving hard to reach the unreached.
- To be an internationally recognized open and distance learning centre engaged in empowerment of Urdu speaking people through distance education programmes.
- To enhance access to education and training programmes to Urdu speaking population through ODL, particularly to “reach the unreached”
- To provide focus on women’s education and training through ODL
- To provide greater access to continuing professional education and training and more opportunities for lifelong learning
- To create capacity for the use of ODL technologies to enrich the learning process
- To undertake research studies in ODL for system development
- To generate employment opportunities through ODL within the NEP 2020 framework
- To make adequate efforts toward flexibility in learning
- To ensure quality higher education to the target group
- To enable blended learning with in-person and online counselling cum contact classes
- To facilitate greater vertical and horizontal mobility in higher education
- To integrate non-conventional Urdu learners into formal education system
- To enhance the gross enrolment ratio (GER) based on market needs, gaps and trends in addition to the societal demands