The Directorate has five main administrative units to look after different aspects of its functioning. These are:
- Academic Affairs Unit (AAU): Its mandate includes programme planning, design and development of SLM, preparation of assignments and question papers, coordination with IMC etc.
- Staff Training, Research and Quality Unit (STRQU): STRQU’s task is to organise regular orientation and training programmes, workshops and collaborative work for the full time and part time staff, including Academic Counsellors.
- Administrative and Finance Unit (AFU): AFU is meant for maintenance of records, providing financial services, and settlement of bills of the Academic Counsellors, Co-ordinators, Heads of the Institutions (HoIs) and part-time staff (PTS) at SCs. It also provides secretarial services to the DDE committees.
- Student Support Unit (SSU): Its main task is providing information services to students and to address their grievances. Its work includes interface with the Examination section and the RCs/SCs. The unit also maintains student data. The unit deals with all issues concerning student support services.
- Material Production and Distribution Unit (MPDU): The unit oversees printing, storage, distribution of SLM through speed post.