MANUU, College of Teacher Education, Aurangabad (MS) is a constituent college of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.It has been established in 2013 and started functioning from the session 2014-15 after getting the approval from the NCTE in February, 2014. Since then, the college is catering the needs of Urdu medium students and producing the quality trained teachers in all the disciplines of school subjects with the help of dedicated faculty and available quality infrastructural resources. It is situated in a quiet, peaceful, and scenic location in the historic city of Aurangabad (MS).The college can be reached easily as it is accessible in all-weather and through Pucca Road, the nearest Railway Station being Aurangabad Railway Station (AWB) and the nearest Airport is Aurangabad Airport (Chikkalthana Airport, IXU).
The college is established to meet the ever increasing needs of the Urdu Medium Secondary & Higher Secondary School Teachers in Maharashtra in particular and the Nation as a whole. Presently it is running B.Ed. (R) programme having 2 years duration (4 Semesters) with an intake capacity of 50 students (one unit). It is an Independent Co-Educational Institution offering only Teacher Education Programme (B.Ed.) The academic calendar of B.Ed. programme normally starts from 1st of August every year. The programme schedule with the all details is notified in the University Prospectus with the commencement of the admission process.The college has adopted the revised curriculum of B.Ed. as per the NCTE regulations 2014 approved by the University.Thecurriculum of the B.Ed. Programme is consisting of three core parts namely: Perspectives in Education, Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies, and Engagement with Field. The peer teaching in first semester and Teaching Practice & Internship Programmes as the part of institutional engagement in rest of the three semesters of varied duration forms the integral part of the curriculum. Thus, the present B.Ed. curriculum gives multifaceted &highly enriched opportunities and platform tothepupil teachers under the committed and expertise faculty members of the college to explore and practice the new ideas and prove themselves as quality teachers. Moreover, in addition, the college has also a centre for B.Ed. (DM) with an intake capacity of 50 run by MANUU itself through its Directorate of Distance Education.
The college has a spacious building with required number of class rooms, well-furnished Multipurpose Hall. The provision is made for Library cum Reading Room. The Library is well furnished with around 3506 books, 12 Encyclopaedias and subscription of 08 journals in the current year. It has also well-equipped Curriculum Labs (Mathematics, Science, Social Studies & Psychology Lab), ICT Resource Centre, Art & Craft Resource Centre and facilities for Health and Physical Education activities, etc. In addition, the college has also the provision of Visitors Room, Girl’s Common Room, separate Toilet facility for both Boys and Girls, Parking space, Play Field, Administrative Office and Staff room etc., in the building. To safeguard the premises against fire hazard desirable equipment have been provided in all parts of the building. Uninterrupted electricity and safe drinking water facility also have been provided in the institution. Internet facility is made available for the use of both the students and the faculty.
The College of Teacher Education, Aurangabad being a constituent college of MANUU, its vision, mission and value are in coherence with the mandate of the university. The college as a whole strive to have the following vision, mission and values which are being our path under the guidance of our elders at the University headquarte
- To create horizon of innovative knowledge blend with sound fundamental theoretical base and life skills based teacher education through Urdu medium.
- To provide democratic, comfortable and creative environment where joyful strategy of teaching-learning process flourishes.
- To mould the self to integral fully functional personalities being able to integrate cognitive and affective talents in the classroom to make learning a pleasant experience for the learner in the light of MANUU mandate.
- To develop self-confidence& promote the spirit of enquiry to sustain and help to keep pace with the rapid growth of knowledge among the members of knowledgeable society
- To transform student-teachers into knowledge workers by developing professional skills necessary in the contemporary context.
- To empower the student-teachers to become competent, committed and innovative to meet the challenges that comes in the field of teaching-learning process.
- To inculcate contemporary moral, ethical, cultural values and value for gender equality
- To inculcate compassion, commitment & attitude of building warm rapport with all in a collaborative and cooperative environment.