The main objective of the Centre is to train Urdu language teachers and other teachers of Urdu medium schools and madrasas:
- To understand pedagogical values in their profession and incline towards the commitments and competencies in the profession.
- To build awareness about education as human capital and its role in human resource development.
- To identify the slow learners who need remedial teaching and understand the techniques of diagnosing class room difficulties and provide guidance.
- To realize the multifaceted role of a teacher.
- To understand the process of becoming an effective teacher.
- To develop the communicative skills in Urdu language.
- To make efforts for improvement and development of Urdu language.
- To understand the difficult concept in various subjects taught in Urdu medium schools.
- To develop positive attitude to embrace professional commitments that makes the teacher popular in society.
- To develop required professional competencies to make the child as a useful member of the society through his/her all-round development.
- To develop enthusiasm in teaching profession.
- To develop right perspective and attitude towards emerging technologies in teaching-learning process.
- To bring out the attitudinal change in Urdu medium school teachers/madrasa teachers from traditional thinking of a bell and bill to positive thinking of job satisfaction.
- To keep teachers abreast of the latest developments and innovations in the field of pedagogy and educational psychology.
- To make efforts for bringing together the Urdu medium teaching community, academicians, educationists and intellectuals for mutual interaction to sort out the problems of Urdu medium education.