EMail(s): principal[dot]cte[dot]bhopal[at]manuu[dot]edu[dot]inPhone Number(s): 091-0755-2744515
College of Teacher Education, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) is a constituent college of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad and presently situated in old Bhopal city. This is one of the premier colleges of teacher education in and around the State of Madhya Pradesh. This college started with modest beginning in the year 2007 to meet the ever increasing demand of Urdu medium teachers at secondary and higher secondary levels in Madhya Pradesh in particular and the nation as a whole. In these 12 years of journey, it has phenomenal record of growth and development especially in terms of employment in government and private schools. Every year almost 20% of the students qualified Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by different states. In Central Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) around 15% of the total students qualified this national level test. This percentage is on the rise in every passing year. Although, college has recently started the post graduate programme, with few number of students cracked the National Eligibility Test (NET) in Education due to the competitive atmosphere created and supported by the sincere and dedicated faculties.
In nut shell, the college has developed a niche for the education which undoubtedly helpful in preparing professionals under the guidance and supervision of the faculties. The college keeps its focus on the vision and mission of the University.
VISION & MISSION
The College of Teacher Education through its programmes intends to develop knowledge, skills and thereby to improve the overall personality of the students for making a useful member of the society. The objectives of the college envisaged are:
- To provide the students with sound theoretical knowledge so that they can apply it at the grass root level;
- To develop mind of the students which is more professional, intellectual and conforms to the recent required skills for the teaching profession;
- To transform students into knowledge workers so that they would take up teaching and allied professions in their future careers and thus help themselves and the society to be productive; and
- To act as catalyst of change in the society by leading from the front with the issues related to social, economic, political, and educational at local and national levels.
- Promote academic excellence and strive to provide quality education through Urdu medium.
- Develop a research orientation among student teachers and teacher educators to promote research in the field of Education.
- Monitor theory as well as practical works of student teachers including projects.
- Provide higher education especially teacher education focused on skills and oriented towards productive employment opportunities.
- Review and revise curricula of various programs in view of worldwide developments and adaptation of technology applications for improving teaching-learning methods and generating creative teachers and leaders for the nation.