EMail(s): hod[dot]islamicstudies[at]manuu[dot]edu[dot]inPhone Number(s): 091-40-23008364
The Department of Islamic Studies was established in 2012. The Department offers Ph. D, M.A and Diploma in Islamic Studies programs along withIslamic Studies as a core paper for undergraduate program. The department also offers Islamiyat paper for students of Non Madarsa background and Introduction to Major World Religions to Madarsa Background students of undergraduate program, as Non CGPA paper.
The main objective of the department is to impart teaching and conduct research in Islamic Studies in a modern perspective. These days Islam has taken a central stage in public discussions and debates relating particularly to its political ideas and social approaches. Apart from this, Islam has a vast history of its rich civilization and culture pertaining to India and the world as a whole. Its achievements have been very unique in various fields of human life. It has played a remarkable role in the progress and prosperity of humanity.
These aspects are subjects of the studies and research in today’s academic world. The department studies the vast areas of Islamic sciences, law, culture, civilization, mysticism and though with the aim to train scholars in the subject of Islamic Studies.
NET/JRF of the Students:
From the establishment of the departments, there are 7 students who have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET). One student has qualified Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Every year one or two students are qualifying NET/JRF with zeal.
A number of students got Gold Medals in MANUU. Following is the list of the Gold Medallist.
· Mr. Syed AbdurRsheed in the year 2014.
· Mrs.Zeshan Sara in the year 2015.
· Mr.SalehAmeen in the year 2016.
· Mr. AbulKalam in the year 2017.
· Mr.MohdSalahuddin in the year 2018.
Placement of alumni
The pass out students are getting placements and jobs with high level satisfactions. Some of them are followings:
· Mr. Syed AbdurRsheed has been appointed as Assistant Professor Islamic
Studies in Alia University, Kolkat.
· Mrs. Zeshan Sara has been appointed as Assistant Professor Islamic
Studies in MANUU.
· Mr. Saleh Ameen has been appointed as Guest Faculty Islamic
Studies in DDE, MANUU.
Apart from the above, a number of students have got selected in different Multi National Companies.
Prizes in Competition:
The students of the department have won and got many prizes and appreciation in various competitions held in MANUU i.e. Azad Day Celebration, all University Essay Writing Competition etc. following is the details of such students.
· First Prize in Elocution Urdu, Azad Day celebration Nov. 2013, MANUU
· Second Prize in Elocution Urdu, Azad Day celebrations. Nov. 2016, MANUU
· First Prize in Essay Writing Competition Urdu, Azad Day celebrations, Nov. 2016, MANUU
· Obtained 1st Position in Elocution Competition on the occasion of National Voters’ Day Celebrations on 25th January 2018 in MANUU.
Mrs. Zeshan Sara.
· Won 3rd prize in Elocution Competition, Azad Day Celebration, MANUU, Nov 2013.
· Won 1st prize in Essay Writing Competition on Women’s Day Celebration, MANUU 2014.
· Won 1st prize in Elocution Competition on Women’s Day Celebrations, MANUU, 2014.
· Consolation prize in Essay Writing Competition on Women’s Day Celebrations, MANUU, 2015.
· Secured 3rd position in all University Essay Writing competition in Azad day Celebration 2017.
· Won 2nd position in all University Elocution Competition in 2017.
· Won 2nd position in all University Essay Writing Competition in Azad day Celebration 2018.
· Won 1st Prize in all University Essay Writing Competition in Azad day Celebration 2018.
· Secured 1st Prize in Bait Bazi Competition forAndaaz e Peshkash in Azad day celebration 2018.
· Won 1st Prize in all University Essay Writing Competition in Azad day celebration 2017.
· Won 1st Prize in all University Essay Writing Competition in Azad day celebration 2018.
Won 1st Prize in Essay Writing Competition by Student Union Jashn e Bahara’n 2019.