Head: Prof. Mohammed Abdul Sami Siddiqui, Director
EMail(s): dir[dot]cpdcumt[at]manuu[dot]edu[dot]inPhone Number(s):
Centre for Professional Development of Urdu Medium Teachers (CPDUMT) was established in October 2006 to enable in-service Urdu language teachers, teachers of Urdu medium schools and madrasas to acquire and improve the art of effective teaching and to keep them abreast of the latest developments in pedagogy. The Centre has so far conducted sixty two (62) short term training programmes across the country, in which training programmes have been conducted for Primary, Upper Primary, Secondary and Senior Secondary school teachers and madrasa teachers. CPDUMT has conducted in-service training programmes in more than thirty (30) cities in six states. Training programmes have been conducted at Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Mahbubnagar, Nizamabad and Warangal in Telangana; at Aurangabad, Akola, Amravathi, Akalkuwa, Beed, Mumbai, Nanded and Parbhani in Maharashtra; at Bidar, Hubli and Raichur in Karnataka; at Calicut, Karanthur, Kannur, Kasarcode, Kollam, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Kalpetta (Wayanad) in Kerala; also at Cuttack in Odisha and at Kadappa in Andhra Pradesh. In all, three thousand one hundred and one (3101) teachers from hundreds of schools and madrasas have benefitted from CPDUMT.
- Objectives of the Centre:
The main objective of the Centre is to train Urdu language teachers and other teachers of Urdu medium schools and madrasas:
- To understand pedagogical values in their profession and incline towards the commitments and competencies in the profession.
- To build awareness about education as human capital and its role in human resource development.
- To identify the slow learners who need remedial teaching and understand the techniques of diagnosing class room difficulties and provide guidance.
- To realize the multifaceted role of a teacher.
- To understand the process of becoming an effective teacher.
- To develop the communicative skills in Urdu language.
- To make efforts for improvement and development of Urdu language.
- To understand the difficult concept in various subjects taught in Urdu medium schools.
- To develop positive attitude to embrace professional commitments that makes the teacher popular in society.
- To develop required professional competencies to make the child as a useful member of the society through his/her all-round development.
- To develop enthusiasm in teaching profession.
- To develop right perspective and attitude towards emerging technologies in teaching-learning process.
- To bring out the attitudinal change in Urdu medium school teachers/madrasa teachers from traditional thinking of a bell and bill to positive thinking of job satisfaction.
- To keep teachers abreast of the latest developments and innovations in the field of pedagogy and educational psychology.
15. To make efforts for bringing together the Urdu medium teaching community, academicians, educationists and intellectuals for mutual interaction to sort out the problems of Urdu medium education.