About Library ITI Hyderabad
- General Rules
- A person desirous of using the Library shall enter his/her name, course and time of entry and quit legibly and sign in the register kept at the entrance for the purpose and shall deposit their bags at the library property counter. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
- Strict decorum and discipline must be maintained in the Library.
- Use of cell phones is not allowed. If readers wish to keep them while using the Library, it must be on silent or switched off mode.
- Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Documents taken out of the shelves must be left on the table. Replacing the documents on shelves by users is not encouraged as the documents may get misplaced.
- Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents.
- Readers are requested to handle all Library property carefully to avoid damage to it and also not to disturb other readers/users.
- No Library material can be taken out of the Library without permission of the Library staff.
- No visitor or guest is permitted to use the library without the prior permission of the Principal and LibrarianI/c.
- The Principal and LibrarianI/c has the power to cancel the membership and refuse admission to anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the Library or indulges in any other type of misconduct.
1. Three books are issued for 15 days for students, regular teaching staff is issued 8 books for 30 days, non teaching staff is issued for 3 books for 30 days and Contractual Staff 2 books for 30 days and they must be returned on or before the due date stamped on the date-slip of each document. Sending reminders to borrower for overdue books is not obligatory on the part of the Library.
2. For issue of books/other reading material, the borrower should present borrower card along with their Identity card to the staff at the circulation counter. After necessary checking, the Library staff will issue the book by stamping the due date on the due date slip and return the book to the borrower.
3. The borrower should check the fitness of the document before getting it issued. Any discrepancy should be brought to the notice of the staff at the circulation counter who will put necessary remarks on the document before issuing. The borrower will be held responsible for any defect/damage found at the time of return of the document, if not recorded on it earlier, and will be liable to pay the penalty as decided by Principal and Librarian I/c.
4. Any document issued may be recalled by the Library before the due date of return without assigning any reason and the borrower has to abide by the decision of the LibrarianI/c.
5. If a book is not returned within the borrowing period, issue of additional documents may be stopped.
6. Late fee of Rs. 1/- per day per book would be charged from all the borrowers who retain book(s) beyond the due date.
7. Borrowers can get the book(s) reissued on or before the due date. Overdue books will not be reissued at any cost.
8. Books will be reissued for not more than two times. After that the borrower must return the book(s) without fail.
9. Reference books, journals/periodicals, magazines/newspapers, and other documents marked/declared For Reference by the Librarian I/c will not be issued.
10. The borrowers are advised to return the books/ documents while proceeding for long leave.
11. A borrower is responsible for the safe custody and return of the documents.
12. In case of loss of documents/irreparable damage/mutilation of document, the borrower will be liable to pay the four times of cost of the books as per the library record. In case of foreign publications, current exchange rates of relevant foreign currencies will be applied to calculate the cost of the documents.
13. The member may also replace the lost/damaged book(s) by a new copy with the same edition/latest edition.
14. In case of loss/damage/mutilation of a volume of a multi-volume set, the borrower is liable to replace the full set with the same edition.
15. In case of rare or out of print or valuable documents, the amount of penalty will be decided, on case-to-case basis, by the Librarian I/c
III. Periodicals and Journals
Current issues and back volumes of periodicals/journals are not issued to the members.
IV. Cyber Library Rules
1. Cyber Library is to be used for academic purposes only.
2. Online Chatting in the Cyber Library is not allowed.
3. Browsing of dating or social networking sites are strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the members.
4. Members must carry their Library ID card while using the Cyber Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
5. Members are not to share their Net access ID and Password with other students.
6. Changing the settings and display of the Computers kept in the Cyber Library/Reading Hall is not permitted.
7. Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
8. Members must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, Cell Phones, and Wallets etc.
V. Clearance Certificate
All students/staff etc. who leave the University must obtain a Clearance Certificate from the Librarian I/c and the students should return the borrower cards.
- ITI Hyderabad Library OPAC
- Reservation Services
- Current Awareness Services (CAS)
- Selective Disseminative Information (SDI)
- Institutional Repository
Dr Ayesha Siddiqua
Semi Professional Assistant