Best Practices Adopted
The objectives and methodologies being practiced in the said programmes on par with UGC guidelines and Advisory committee/Local Programme Planning and Management Committee (LPPMC). Orientation Programmes (OPs) are mainly focused on the themes such as Quality Assessment in higher education, value based education, moral and ethical dimensions in education and creativity to reorient the teachers on goals of higher education, pedagogy, educational psychology and philosophy, and socio-economic and political concerns for all new entrants. However, the Refresher Courses are framed for capacity enhancement and continuous knowledge updating and exposure to emerging developments in the field. National diversity in terms of participants. Continous collaboration with Commissionerate of Collegiate Education, and also with NGOs. Micro teaching , Book Review, Creative Writing, Scientific Writing wity critical peer evaluations. ICT usage in Teaching and Research.
Innovative Methods adopted
- Learning Scenario:The innovative methods followed in learning are in the area of Creativity, problem solving, analyses and evaluations, lectures-cum-demonstrations, video/television lessons, audio-visual presentation, teaching gadgets like: OHP, LCD, slide projectors, educational filmstrips, preparation of resource material for classroom teaching and problem solving techniques, brain buzzing, role playing, co-operative learning, team teaching and study trip. HRDC arranges study trip to renowned institutions/knowledge centre as a part of course work in order to interact with scientists, professionals, teachers and administrators. Besides, to understand their activities in practical environment.
- Preparation of study material for teachers participants:The study material was prepared from (1) Articles from the Resource Persons, Teacher Participants and reputed Books & Journals.
- Steps adopted for the quality enhancement of the courses:Feedback from the participants/Resource Persons, experts invited to core committee and the members of the Academic Advisory Committee/Local Programme Planning and Management Committee (LPPMC).
- Special Courses Conducted:UGC-HRDC has conducted need Based Refresher Course in Human Rights (MD), Winter and Summer Schools Programmes on specialized themes for the teachers from Science, Social Science and Humanities disciplines. The Centre has also conducted one week Faculty Development Programme for the teachers from all disciplines.
- Outcome parameters laid down:The HRDC is always in constant touch with the academic administrators (Principals/Directors/Registrars/Deans etc) to seek the feedback of the participants who attended OP/RC/PDP etc to know the improvements in professional skills. Most of them have expressed their satisfaction on professional improvement of the stakeholders.Few participants were granted MRPs after getting trained from HRDC in various programmes.HRDC MANUU always recieved more than rquired number of participants for almost all programmes which is one of the achievements for the success of HRDC, MANUU.