Prof. Shagufta Shaheen OSD-I
Email Id :Shugufta.Shaheen@yahoo.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone :+ 919849469059
Research Interests: Comparative Literature, Translation Studies, Fiction Studies, Indian Writing in English, Urdu and Deccan Literature.
Comparative Literature, Translation Studies, Fiction Studies, Indian Writing in English, Urdu and Deccan Literature.
Profile of Shagufta Shaheen OSD-I
- Teaching experience of 25 years, specially with Urdu medium students.
- Supervised more than 20 research scholars.
- Published two books apart from a number of articles in reputed journals
- presently, she is also serving as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD-I), Dean of International Students, and Chairperson, Internal Complaint Committee.
- Trustee and member of various academic bodies.
Research Publication of Shagufta Shaheen OSD-I
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Soghra Humayun Mirza: An Icon of Women's Emancipation Movement, New Frontier, 5, 25-34, 2019, Sarup Book Publishers, New Delhi.
- Shaheen, Shugufta and Shah Alam. Resistance in the Poetry of Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Aalochan Drishti, 1, 131-134, 2016.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Flights of Fantasy: Ibn-e-Safi's Panacea for a Traumatised Nation, Maulana Azad Journal of Language and Literature, 6, 1, 31-37, 2014, Dept. of English, MANUU.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Language, Nation and Identity, Maulana Azad Journal of Language and Literature, 5, 1, 28-37, 2013, The Department of English, MANUU.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. History and Fiction in the Selected Novels of Qurratulain Hyder, Language Forum, 37, 2, 63-72, 2011, Bahri Publications.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Qurratulain Hyder’s The Housing Society: An Interplay of
- History & Fiction, Journal of Literature, Culture and Media Studies, 2, 4, 93-99, 2010.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Feminine Quest for Identity in the Novels of Shashi Deshpande, Maulana Azad Journal of Language and Literature, 1, 1, 68-79, 2009, The Department of English, MANUU.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Qurratulain Hyder Ke Fiction Ka Munfarid Asloob, Nai
- Kitab, 196-198, 2007, Nai Kitab Publishers, Delhi.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Facets: A Collection of Essays, The Hi-Tech Publishers, 2011, The Hi-Tech Publishers.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Revisiting History: A Critical Study of Qurratulain Hyder's Novels, The Hi-Tech Publishers, 2011, The Hi-Tech Publishers.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Sir Amin Jung, INTACH Heritage Annual 2004, Indian National Trust for Art & Cultural Heritage (INTACH).
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Meri Ammi, Aalami Shama, 2009, Aalami Shama Publishers, Gulbarga.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. A Room of One's Own: An Indian Perspective,
- Understanding Women's Issues - A Feminist Standpoint, 257-267, 2012, Lambert Academic Publishers, Germany.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Madrasssa-e-Asafia, Towards A World of Equals, 1, 152153, 2015, Telugu Akademi, Hyderabad.
- Shaheen, Shugufta. Dakhni: A Prime Indicator of Cultural Confluence, Studies in Medieval Deccan History 14th to 17th Century, 2015, Deccan History Society.
- Shaheen, Shugufta and Sajjad Shahid. The Unique Literary Traditions of
- Dakhn. Languages and Literary Cultures in Hyderabad, 89-154, 2017, Manohar.